Owning a small business is a hard road. We know. We’ve been there, still doing that. Everyone thinks you work less and make more when, really, it’s often the other way around. There are late nights, earlier mornings and little thanks. Nonetheless, we love it or we wouldn’t be here. There are, however, a few things you can do … correction … need to do to ensure your continued success in 2012.
- Get a website. If you have one, use it. If you don’t have one, build one. If you have no idea where to start, contact us A.S.A.P.
- Add a blog to that website. A new business blog allows you to add fresh, searchable, informative content every week. Google likes that. Readers like that. Heck, writers for hire like that, too.
- Sign up for a FaceBook page. Even if you think FaceBook is the dumbest thing since spandex pants, sign up now. It doesn’t matter if you like it or not, it’s the wave of the future in marketing. Get on board before it passes you by.
- Start tweeting. Yes. You need a twitter account, too. It’s ok if you have no clue how to set it up, use it or reply to incoming tweets. We do. And, yes, it can be a lot of additional work when you have so much on your plate already. Let us lighten the load. That’s what we’re here for.
- Get a G+ account. Again with the social stuff, you ask? Yes! If you want to compete, you have to play the social game. It’s not that bad, we promise.
So, that’s it. Five online tips for small businesses that we recommend you do now. Not yesterday. If you need help, just ask. We’re always ready.