Owning a small business is a hard road. We know. Weâ€™ve been there, still doing that. Everyone thinks you work less and make more when, really, itâ€™s often the other way around. There are late nights, earlier mornings and little thanks. Nonetheless, we love it or we wouldnâ€™t be here. There are, however, a few things you can do â€¦ correction â€¦ need to do to ensure your continued success in 2012.
- Get a website. If you have one, use it. If you donâ€™t have one, build one. If you have no idea where to start, contact us A.S.A.P.
- Add a blog to that website. A new business blog allows you to add fresh, searchable, informative content every week. Google likes that. Readers like that. Heck, writers for hire like that, too.
- Sign up for a FaceBook page. Even if you think FaceBook is the dumbest thing since spandex pants, sign up now. It doesnâ€™t matter if you like it or not, itâ€™s the wave of the future in marketing. Get on board before it passes you by.
- Start tweeting. Yes. You need a twitter account, too. Itâ€™s ok if you have no clue how to set it up, use it or reply to incoming tweets. We do. And, yes, it can be a lot of additional work when you have so much on your plate already. Let us lighten the load. Thatâ€™s what weâ€™re here for.
- Get a G+ account. Again with the social stuff, you ask? Yes! If you want to compete, you have to play the social game. Itâ€™s not that bad, we promise.
So, thatâ€™s it. Five online tips for small businesses that we recommend you do now. Not yesterday. If you need help, just ask. Weâ€™re always ready.